Real Estate Matters with Tim Bro
Tips for Hiring a Contractor
The decisions made for hiring a contractor are important. Everyone wants to enjoy their home and have good things in working condition. Here are eight tips to make your home repair choices smart ones.
1. Ensure proper permits are obtained and paid for.
2. Check with friends, neighbors, trade associations, and home improvement stores for referrals.
3. Get three bids, then bargain. Question extremely low bids.
4. Don’t hire someone who “just completed work in your area” and offers you a good deal.
5. Avoid contractors with no street address. Verify phone numbers.
6. Get written estimates and references.
7. Resist high-pressure tactics.
8. Never pay in full up front and make sure you are satisfied before paying the final fees.
To get started with your home sale or purchase, call Tim @ 858-354-2354, “The Right Choice in Real Estate”. BRE #01224576