Real Estate Matters with Tim Bro
Your New Neighborhood
Congratulations! You are moving into your new neighborhood. Of course you want to know all that it offers. Here are eight ways to get to know your new neighborhood and it will feel like home in no time.
1. Walk the neighborhood and make a map, marking down street names, bike paths, parks, tennis courts, etc.
2. Drive around the area and find the post office, the closest grocery store, a favorite restaurant, mall, bank, hospital, etc.
3. Go to the library, community center, or parks.
4. Go to the local recreation center and see what’s available … clubs, classes, events … for every member of the household.
5. Subscribe to the community newspaper for lists of local events, discount coupons to local businesses, etc.
6. Participate in your new community. Join your homeowners association and attend the meetings. Join the PTA. Volunteer at the local food bank.
7. Research the community online. Read about what others have to say.
8. Don’t wait for the neighbors to come introduce themselves. On the weekend, whip up a batch of cookies and go door to door, introducing yourself and distributing goodies. Enjoy your new neighborhood!
To get started with your home sale or purchase, call Tim @ 858-354-2354, “The Right Choice in Real Estate”. BRE #01224576