SAN DIEGO PROPERTY PREPARATION:
- It is important to make sure that all areas to be photographed are camera ready before the Photographer arrives at your San Diego home. Photographers are not responsible for tidying areas that are to be photographed. They are responsible for taking the best photos that the house has to offer.
- For indoor living areas that will be photographed, make sure that the rooms are clean and free of extraneous objects. Turn on as many interior lights as possible to brighten and warm up the room; if there is a dark area in a room, try to add temporary lighting. Natural lighting is always a plus!
- Bedrooms - Beds are made, pillows fluffed. Nightstands, dressers and vanities should have minimum items visible. Walk in closets should appear organized and tidy. For kids rooms, toys and clutter should be put away. If there are mirrored closets or walls, be especially aware of the mirrors and what they are reflecting.
- Living rooms – Surfaces should be dust free, carpets vacuumed, and pillows arranged. If there are televisions in the room, turn them on.
- Kitchens – Minimize small kitchen appliances along with cleaners, paper towels and wipe down all counters and all appliances. The shinier the appliance, the better it will appear in the photo.
- Bathrooms – Clean shower glass, towels neatly folded and simple as possible. Remove toiletries from view.
3. For outside areas, make sure to clean and straighten-up. When capturing solid exterior shots, take advantage of the hours with the best lighting.
- Remove cars from the driveway for a clear shot of the house.
- Present pool areas in the best light – straighten deck chairs, remove towels and pool accessories.
- Open patio umbrellas; remove covers on the BBQ and patio furniture.
- Clear gardens of leaves and weeds.
--Make it look spotless!
--Minimize personalized affects. Remember less is more!
--If everything is in place, the shoot should only take about an hour.
--You can help streamline the process by making sure that everything is prepared in advance.
--Treat your Photographer as if he/she is a prospective buyer – be there for the shoot to make sure the images capture and portray your property at the absolute best it can be!
--Have fun with the photo shoot!!!!!
When you're looking for a partner to help you negotiate the complexities of selling a home, you've come to the right place. The experience, dedication and strong communication you'll receive here will help ensure the successful and profitable sale of your home:
1. The Local Advantage - Take advantage of a broad spectrum of technologies and tools to support the sale of your home from start to close.
2. Internet Advertising - Since the lion's share of home buyers starts their search on the internet, top placement on search engines is essential. You'll gain access to placement on Google, Bing, and other websites. This will maximize your exposure and bring a large number of potential buyers to view information about your home.
3. Email Campaigns - It's important to "work the network." We can work together to identify the right people to target your home-and get in touch with them by email to drive excitement and interest.
4. Personal Touch - Of course, technology alone won't sell your home. Face-to-face interaction provides the advantage to sell your home-and you won't have to worry about a thing. The details will be handled with care and constant communication, to ensure the marketing and sale of your home go smoothly.
To find out more about selling your San Diego home, click here or call Tim Brodowski, your local Real Estate Expert, at 858-354-2354.